Tel: 020 7376 2838
- UK Reits switch to selling risky assets
Biggest listed property groups such as Land Securities and British Land are selling assets to overseas investors and cutting their finance costs
Posted on 21 April 2014 | 5:17 pm
- Europe’s economy needs securitised debt
Investors can now earn higher returns by investing in industrial companies rather than financial institutions
Posted on 21 April 2014 | 2:22 pm
- Russia bars Ukraine banks from Crimea
Russia’s central bank blocks four Ukrainian banks from operating in Crimea, underscoring the difficulties of the region’s economic transition
Posted on 21 April 2014 | 11:17 am
- Japan moneylenders rise on rule easing report
Acom, Aiful and other consumer finance companies rally on Nikkei report that Tokyo is set to ease restrictions on maximum interest rate levels
Posted on 21 April 2014 | 9:00 am
- A plan to free the US mortgage market
The trick is to devise a system that combines the government’s financial muscle with the market’s ability to price risk
Posted on 20 April 2014 | 7:22 pm
- Asian shares subdued amid tensions in Ukraine
Investors remained cautious in the absence catalysts and amid tensions in Ukraine as several markets remained closed for the Easter holiday.
Posted on 21 April 2014 | 8:25 am
- Monday Papers: Pfizer eyes AstraZeneca to create industry giant
And number of fines imposed by City regulator to senior executives in the financial services sector for misconduct or breach of rules dropped by 40%.
Posted on 21 April 2014 | 8:21 am
- Sunday Papers: RBS report on treatment of SMEs accused of being partial
And the Financial Conduct Authority is looking to change the listing rules so a majority investor has to get the support of smaller shareholders to take a company private.
Posted on 20 April 2014 | 4:21 am
- Saturday Papers: BlackRock challenges UK pension providers
And Barclays faces a barrage of shareholder anger over excessive pay following another troubling year for the bank.
Posted on 19 April 2014 | 5:21 am
- The Expert View: William Hill, Aviva and Ashtead
Our daily roundup of the best analyst commentary on shares, also including Songbird Estates and Synergy Health.
Posted on 18 April 2014 | 5:01 am
- Halliburton reports $622m profits
US oil exploration firm Halliburton has reported better-than-expected first quarter profits, helped by robust drilling activity in Russia, Saudi Arabia and Angola.
Posted on 21 April 2014 | 4:31 pm
- Scottish universities leave CBI
Two Scottish universities become the latest organisations to quit the CBI over its stance in the Scottish independence referendum debate.
Posted on 21 April 2014 | 4:21 pm
- VIDEO: Interest in Alibaba's US share debut
The success in Weibo has investors excited about the US stock debut of Alibaba, which is China's largest internet company.
Posted on 21 April 2014 | 12:57 pm
- Russia plans Crimea casino boom
Russia's President Putin presents a draft law to create a gambling zone in Crimea, now that the Kremlin has made it part of Russia.
Posted on 21 April 2014 | 12:17 pm
- VIDEO: Netflix dominates streaming market
Netflix now accounts for more than half the video streamed over the internet.
Posted on 21 April 2014 | 11:55 am
- Best Of British Gear Up For China Car Show
Motor show exhibition defies warnings China's car market will slow this year and concerns over pollution restrictions.
Posted on 21 April 2014 | 2:13 pm
- British Gas Bonus Claims To Be Investigated
Ofgem will examine a whistleblower's claims that British Gas staff boosted their salaries by selling the most expensive tariffs.
Posted on 19 April 2014 | 4:59 am
- The Week's Big Business Stories
Missed out on the big business stories of the week? Naomi Kerbel rounds up what's been making news, including David Beckham.
Posted on 18 April 2014 | 11:03 am
- House Price Increases Create 'Generation Rent'
A third of adults under the age of 40 say they have no realistic chance of owning their own home, despite Help to Buy schemes.
Posted on 18 April 2014 | 9:31 am
- South West Hoping For Easter Tourism Boost
The reopening of the railway line at Dawlish in Devon after £35m repairs gives tourist businesses reason for optimism.
Posted on 18 April 2014 | 7:48 am
Keep an eye on the news! These news feeds are produced by a third party, and neither we nor Intrinsic Wealth Management are responsible for the accuracy of the information contained therein.